फिर वही फुर्सत के रात दिन...
This was in San Diego...4 summers ago. Life was so relaxed! We haven't been on a vacation for 2 years now. And its making me so restless! Soon....hopefully....soon...something will materialize. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
फिर वही फुर्सत के रात दिन...
Are these shoes...L.A.M.B Gem
I tried them on yesterday! Gorgeous! With a gorgeous price tag of $350!!!
Wish it was my birthday, so I could justify getting them! And then also have a big party to wear them to!
Am trying to compile a list of reasons to NOT buy them:
- Too expensive
- Too tall! 5.25 inches!! Don't need to add that much height!
- Already have too many black shoes
- Already have about 75+ pairs of shoes (hubby's dream, he wants me to have at least 100! He's built a dedicated shoe closet for me too!)
That's it...only 3 reasons :-/
For why I SHOULD get them
- I LOVE 'em!
- They were on sale for $239 (still too expensive !)
- Hubby said $239 is not expensive (woh Bihari kya jaane iss Gujju pe kya guzregi to throw so much money on shoes!)
- They looked TOTALLY cool when I tried them on
- They have platform of 1.5 inch, so I would only have to "tolerate" 3.75 inches. Totally manageable! (the hubby doesn't mind walking with an Amazon woman anyway ;)
- There's no such thing as too many black shoes
- There's no such thing as too many shoes
Yayy! 6 reasons :-)
Monday, July 28, 2008
This has got to be the cheesiest (any other words to describe this, friends?) friendship request I have got on orkut...
got tempted 2 add u by ur cadbury temptation smile ..so lets b true frds 2 share the smile
Cadbury temptation? Is this some new candy out in India?
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Have had a few people remind me about my dead pic blog. Its dead since I have not been inspired by anything recently. But I do have some good pics...taken by the hubby on our recent trip to Monterey and the aquarium there. Here's a sneak peek...will ask him to pick his favorites and put up the lot later on the pic blog.
PPS: Resized after Tanu's warning :)
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Some of my friends are missing me :D So a short update...
- Saw a tow-truck broke down in the middle of the road. I found it so strange :) Who is gonna tow that poor thing away now :D
- Saw a stupid kid riding a bicycle yesterday. What's stupid about that? She was riding it in the middle of the road! In the opposite direction. I mean, I see this stupid kid coming straight at me on the road. She got off the road when we got closer, and back again in the center until she came across another oncoming car. Stupid, stupid kid!
- I saw my friend's week-old baby! So adorable! And the parents were so delighted, that was a treat in itself!
- We added YET another gardening tool to our tool-shed. Got a hedge trimmer this time, the hubby's having fun trimming things around the yard.
- Our tomato plants are getting out of control!
- FINALLY saw Jab We Met :) Enjoyed it quite a lot!
- My sister is going ballistic over her 15 yr old son's hair :) He's grown it out and straightened it. I like :) The boy's having fun!
- I saw a 3D sonogram of an unborn baby. His wife's parents actually bought the ultra-sound machine that could do this. When he told us that he has 3D pics of the baby, I jokingly asked him, does he look like you, he answered very seriously, well...my wife's parents think he looks like her, but his foot is exactly like mine. Then he showed us the pic of the baby's foot, and then his foot.
- ***P asked me in her comment how we reacted to this. I said nothing, hubby said, hmm..yeah, it IS like yours :) Guys ARE getting more sensitive these days ;)
- My little niece got her own email account, and wrote to me today! She sounded so excited.
- My old laptop died and went to heaven. I have a new one now, haven't quite bonded with it yet :(
- Made some awesome ras malai for the first time (and probably the last time! It took so long!!!)
- Have been on a parantha-fest...made aloo paranthas, and then some mooli paranthas :)
Tuesday, July 15, 2008
Had this strange thing happen today. I had gone out for lunch by myself (couldn't find anyone around at lunch time, had a few errands to run, yadda yadda yadda).
So I went in, took my seat at the bar counter since I really didn't care where I was sitting, as long as I was getting my food. I was just settling in when this guy comes up to me, and says,
"Hello, how are you?"
I said, "Pretty good, thank you", and went back to study the menu.
And he says, "I saw you circling around, trying to park".
And I said, "Yeah", I looked at him for a second, like, yeah, so? And then I went back to study the menu.
I felt I was being rude, but, hey, I really did not want to talk to a stranger (actually, I NEVER want to talk to strangers), and that was a very silly thing to say. "I saw you trying to park your car". What do you say to such a statement? Yeah, well, they wouldn't let me bring it in, so I had to park it?
I am awful when it comes to small talk. I just cannot come up with things to say out of the blue even when I know the person. Oh well, I just feel so strange after this weird conversation...
And here's another thing that bewilders me. What's with fasting???
A friend is trying to buy a house (its hard in the Bay Area), and he's fasting every Tuesday until he gets a house.
Huh? How is him not eating going to help buy a house? I suggested that instead of him not eating, he should go feed 5 homeless people every Tuesday. That might just build up his "good karma" and help. But how, How, HOW is not eating going to help???
Yeah, yeah, you'll say ask him that question. I did, he just smiled and said, oh it will.
Oh well, whatever!
BTW, there's another post before this one, with a BAD picture of the sleeping squirrel.
Friday, July 11, 2008
Yesterday was my "water-my-plants" day (I do it every alternate day). I quite enjoy doing it, watching all the plants grow, and also all the creepy-crawlies that the earth is home to!
So was in a pretty good mood. I had just read Vrij's comment on my other blog saying that he really liked my posts. This made me VERY happy. Like totally on top of the world. All was right in my life at that moment. And I realized that blogging makes me feel good. I get to share my thoughts with others, get to know everyone else's thoughts and make such good friends. So then, I thought back to how did I even start to blog?
I was introduced to this world by Tanu. She and I have a common friend, who introduced us through orkut. I totally got hooked on to her blogs. I felt maybe I can have one too, but was not sure what to write. Now Tanu is very smart, and her posts are deep and meaningful, she writes poetry some times, and fun stuff some times. I felt that I can't write like this. So was a bit intimidated. Her pics blog did inspire me to start my photoblog. I didn't have any visitors there though :(
From Tanu's world, I got introduced to the really sweet and lovable Anjuli
Her blog was SO lively! And FUN! Totally loved it. Again, I felt like writing. But she was so cute and sweet and fun! I didn't have so many things to write about. I continued to visit her everyday.
Through comments on Anjuli's blog, I met this monkey, Veens! :) Now this character was totally hilarious :) The girl had me in splits! Then she posted a tag, 10 things I hate about men.
I took it up, put it up on my pic blog. And then I just started writing more and more stuff that didn't belong in the pic blog. And so was born this one that you're reading :)
There's been no looking back since then! I have so many friends here, its hard to remember the days when I was not part of this world!
So my chain was
Tanu -> Anjuli -> Veens
Thursday, July 10, 2008
The squirrel seems to be getting quite comfortable in our backyard. I was watching it eat some stuff off the ground. It ate, ate and ate, I guess till it was ready to bust. Then it slowly walked up to my doorstep and lay down. I guess it was trying to sleep! I walked close to it (inside the house of course, didn't open the door), sat down with my biggo camera next to it. It was awake, but hardly moved! A few weeks ago, it would dart around in a nervous frenzy if it so much as saw me or the hubby inside the house. Guess it has adopted us now :)
I have a few grainy pictures...the camera refused to focus on it. Will upload it in a couple days. It looks so tired! Almost dead!
On other updates...the fruits on the neighbor's plum tree have ripened. They are SO sweet! Unbelievable! Brought a bag full to work today.
PS: The neighbor doesn't mind, she's hardly ever at home, and her plums go waste unless we eat them.
We have a patch of cherry tomatoes. We're seeing some fruits now. Can't wait for them to ripen. We had over 12kgs of tomatoes last year! Lets see how much we have this year!
And there is a new post on the blessings blog...for those who missed all my gyaan these last few days ;)
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
I think I have been tagged for this one by multiple people, and it has been started by Ankur, and the last one to tag me is Princess Mia...
I need to list 5 embarrassing moments of my life...
Lets see...not sure if I can come up with 5 of 'em...
1) This happened last month. It was my manager's birthday, and I had brought a cake and a card for her. We had to keep it a surprise, since she quite hates creating such a fuss. I sent out an email to the rest of the team saying, i have a card and cake, please drop by and sign the card. And then in the "PS: The total cost is $30, please feel free to contribute".
I hit "send" and that very instant I realized that I had used the "team" alias, which of course had the boss on it. I panicked, called my friend and asked her to help me recall the message. Didn't work, word spread, everyone came and laughed at me. I was sitting there red in the face, hoping the boss was too busy to read it (hoping beyond hope, since the subject of the email was "Tamara's birthday"), when she replied saying, "I will buy that cake"
She's a good sport, so didn't pull my leg too much about it, but everyone else didn't let me forget it for the rest of the day!
2) This is complete hearsay, but here's the story...
Happened when I was, oh, I don't know, maybe 10?
I was napping in the afternoon, and my sister was sitting on the bed, doing whatever.
When I woke up she was laughing her head off, I asked her what happened. She just walked out, and related the story to the others...
This one..she says, pointing at me, was sleeping, and then suddenly started to say,
"whose dirty arm is this on me, get it off me"
What's funny you ask? She said, (and I don't quite believe her to this day) that I had my right arm on my tummy, and was tugging at it with my left hand saying get it off of me!
3) Well I had related my "water acrobatics" in this post here...
Can't remember any more :( Sorry guys, but this seems to be it!
Monday, July 7, 2008
went by just like any other weekend.
Gardening, shopping at the hardware store, cooking, cleaning, watching TV, reading.
sigh...three days just gone by...very uneventfully...
We tried to put up a shelf and a rod in one of our closets, but the rod seemed to be a little short. The shelf is up, the rod is not.
Bought some more lily plants. Hope they bloom soon.
UPDATE: The plant has 4 HUGE flowers already! Mast hai!
Bought a "misting" fan for the backyard. We can hook it up to the water hose, and it will spray us with soft, cool mist. We have set it up, but not tested the "water feature" yet.
Weather's turning hot hot hot!
And back to work today.
Had some really awesome makki-roti-sarson-saag for lunch today :)
Am taking that as a sign that the week will go well ;)
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Awesome tag by -xh-
Totally made my day!
Here's my mosaic:
Would love to have you guys guess my answers :)