Thursday, July 10, 2008

Animal Update

The squirrel seems to be getting quite comfortable in our backyard. I was watching it eat some stuff off the ground. It ate, ate and ate, I guess till it was ready to bust. Then it slowly walked up to my doorstep and lay down. I guess it was trying to sleep! I walked close to it (inside the house of course, didn't open the door), sat down with my biggo camera next to it. It was awake, but hardly moved! A few weeks ago, it would dart around in a nervous frenzy if it so much as saw me or the hubby inside the house. Guess it has adopted us now :)

I have a few grainy pictures...the camera refused to focus on it. Will upload it in a couple days. It looks so tired! Almost dead!


***********************************

On other updates...the fruits on the neighbor's plum tree have ripened. They are SO sweet! Unbelievable! Brought a bag full to work today.

PS: The neighbor doesn't mind, she's hardly ever at home, and her plums go waste unless we eat them.

We have a patch of cherry tomatoes. We're seeing some fruits now. Can't wait for them to ripen. We had over 12kgs of tomatoes last year! Lets see how much we have this year!

***********************************

And there is a new post on the blessings blog...for those who missed all my gyaan these last few days ;)

***********************************

13 comments:

Vrijilesh Rai said...

Oh.. I love snapping animals.. and I like squirrels and chameleons the most :)

Whoa.. can u send a few plums across to me.. my favorite fruit! I can eat them by the kilos..

Anonymous said...

yeah...after smetime... everyone gets cozy with everyone else ;) waise bhi u share the same backyard :)

goin to read it :)

have a good day :)

Ankur said...

the Squirrel seems to be ur pet now!! :D

and ur office mates are lucky that they get all natural fruits not the cold storage one like us here!!

will wait for the pics...

Cheers!!!

Cinderella said...

I wanna see that pic.

Reminds me of amonkey we saw on a vacation. Our hotel room had this big french window on the east facade...one early morning my brother wakes me and asks me to tiptoe to the window...and there we see this cute lil fella, sitting snuglled to the corner of the balcony outside and dozing...his eyes would slowly droop...and head tile forward, then his reverie would break and he'd open his eeys only oto go back to the same ....

How we wished we could get the cam froom mom-dad's room, but that wasnt possible without shooing him away....

I still remember the sight...

A said...

pic to dikhao!

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

sqirrel ne aapko adopt kar liye :P

khikhikhi

yippieeeeeeeeeeeeeee..congrats on increase of the family..par sar pe chadhne mat dena yeh bahut naughty hote hai ..fultooo todu foduuu type..

jaldi foto lagaoooooooooo :P

aneri_masi said...

@vrij, I SO wish I could send the plums to you. They are SOOO good!!!

@veensie, the backyard is mine, mine, MINE! Yeh to mera badappan hai jo I let her come there ;)

@ankur, I know. Kitni galat fehmi ho gai hai usko. I liked her till the day she stole my cherry.

Office waale lucky to hain hi, they get oranges from my tree, cherries from my friend's tree and plums from my neighbor's tree. And tomatoes in a few months from my yard :)

aneri_masi said...

@ella, such a cute story :) Will upload the pic soon. This squirrel was sprawled out, ekdum phail ke. all four legs in four directions :)

@anjuli, thoda sa aur ruk jaa

@sourish, haan usi ne adopt kiya, main to usko nahi adopt karne waali, chor kahin ki!

~ ॐ ~ said...

building trust with her eh !!!

nice..

Mysterious Mia said...

cant wait to see the pics....

i just like teh way u talk of the squirrel heheh....cho cute

ceedy said...

sahi hai....

you description so feels like a house in India...peechvade me kafi kuch milta hai...

good neighbours - maybe you can ask her to plant something else too :P

ceedy said...

and I still dont get an update on my blogroll for you...:( am always late...damn

I am said...

can't wait to see the pics... a animal clicker :)