Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ria's riddle

Ria has put up a riddle. I will answer it here :)

She asks what I think of these words by Marilyn Monroe, whether I agree or not.
Here are the words:

"I believe that everything happens for a reason."
Well...things happen. We can either learn a lesson from them or not. Whether there is a reason, I don't know. Whether there is a lesson, yes, always!

"People change so that you can learn to let go."
You don't have to let go. You need to accept that people change, and accept them for who they are. Understand the change and go with the flow. Because change is the only thing that is constant!

"Things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right."
This one I agree with :)

"You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself"
I do not like this other extreme of not trusting anyone. I would say you believe lies and get cheated so that you can learn to believe your own instincts. Learn to trust yourself ALSO, not just others, or not just yourself.

"And sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

Hmmm...maybe. I agree to it somewhat.

Thanks Ria :) I liked putting this one together :)

16 comments:

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

though i m a great fan of her...i dint thought she was so good in wisdom...

i second with u on every line...

--xh-- said...

interesting riddle and interesting takes on it :)

Mysterious Mia said...

hey this was a good one, am here after so long...really missed out heaps eh...how r u feeling btw?

now u make me wanna put this up on my blog too....lets see if i am able to do that...

take care aneri...ciao

~ ॐ ~ said...

Today is a day of good posts I guess... Just saw Tanu's post with the gorgeous photos of mom and dad and now this nice crisp post !!!

looks like the knee is already feeling a lot lot better :)

D said...

I didn't Marilyn Monroe said such wise things!

D said...

I didn't Marilyn Monroe said such wise things!

aneri_masi said...

@sourish, i didn't even think about it. Of course, she could have been quite intelligent :)

@xh, Yeah, I liked thinking about it!

@Mia, yes, doing good. Am at work today. Freedom FINALLY!

@prashant, Yeah, seems like it, nahi? Excellent chai in your dukaan too!

@D, apparently she did :)

I am said...

brilliant brilliant brilliant and brilliant :) :D

am smiling ear to ear :)
I didn't read in the morning :)

I guess there was a reason for me to not read it in the morning, but now :)

amazing nah,:)
am impressed with my own instincts :)
muuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aneri_masi said...

@tanu, you are so funny :) LOL :)

Rià said...

wow!tht was the most amazing answer tht i cud get from anyone. Kudos to u for putting in so much of thought into tht quote. :) Loved ur answer babe!

aneri_masi said...

@ria, glad you liked it :) Have been reading some more of that Hugh Prather book that i been reading for the longest time now...was in a VERY thoughtful mood when I read your blog.

And now that you have read it, I will put up my next post :)

Pri said...

hi...uve got a dedication from someone waiting for u at my blog--"nostalgic moments"..so do come over and check it out :)

seeya around

ceedy said...

Interesting....but I thought Marilyn Monroe was a blond :O

aneri_masi said...

@pri, thanks!

@ceedy, and hence?

ceedy said...

Cant see such words of wisdom coming from her...

aneri_masi said...

@ceedy, and this was not expected of you :)