Here's the recipe...I got the original recipe from Better Homes And Gardens magazine
The website has a picture of their pancakes, mine looked much better :)
And modified it to suit my desi taste! Its very simple!
- 3 medium zucchini. I suppose you can also use "lauki" or carrots or whatever other vegetable you like! (Ankur, Samby, Sourish, dekh lo zucchini ki photo ---->>)
- salt to taste
- 4 eggs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, minced
- 2 green chillies, minced
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1.Peel and grate the zucchini. Squeeze out excess water from it.
2. In the large mixing bowl, beat eggs, garlic, ginger and green chillies. Stir in flour, onion, and pepper until just moistened (batter should be lumpy). Stir in shredded zucchini until just combined (mixture will be thick).
3. For each zucchini pancake, spoon a rounded tablespoon of batter onto a hot, lightly oiled griddle or heavy skillet, spreading to form a 3-inch circle. Cook over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the pancake is golden brown. (The original recipe said "3-inch circle". I just made whatever size they came out to be ;-)
4. Serve warm. We ate it with Maggi Chilli Garlic Sauce!