Monday, May 19, 2008

The Actual Weekend

All of you who read about my perfect weekend, and said "Have fun", "Enjoy", etc...well...that was just a dream of mine. Something I wished I could do. And something written down and already planned for some weekend when I do have the all time and leisure at my disposal.

The weekend was good nonetheless. We had friends over for dinner (4 Indians and 1 Chinese guy) on Saturday. So I spent pretty much all day cooking. These were my colleagues from my previous job, and it was SO good to hang out with them again. I was still making rotis when they arrived, and the Chinese fella was totally fascinated when my roti puffed up so perfectly on the flame. He wanted to give it a shot, so I let him play with the last bit of dough. The guy was simply amazing! He rolled out a perfect circle, thin like a born gujju would make, and roasted it to perfection! We did take pictures, but looks like they got overwritten :(

Sunday was spent cleaning up (3 loads of the dishwasher!), going out for lunch to find an art-and-crafts festival going on in the street where the restaurant was, getting a well-deserved pedicure (I love the flowers on my toes :) and finally a movie on TV.

Not the perfect weekend, but still good :)

12 comments:

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

hehehe
cool weekend...loved to see the pic..but koi nhi...

btw ye chinese roti banane mein bhi expert hai :O
my god koi bhi field nhi bacha jaha wo apna mark nhi chhorte..:)

Ankur said...

arre stilll u had fun na... tat matters ;)

nothing is perfettt re... just enjoy wat u r havin...

and dont suddenly go away like this :P :P

pata nahi everyone is sayin m bloggin nomore :-/
*sigh*

Cheers!!!!

Anonymous said...

it really does sound good!

Pedicure ...hmm... me to like that really! thats hould have done wonderfully for your mood?! i feel good after that :)

now the chinese guy... is giving me of all the hints of a perfect guy :D

he sounds so unreal :))

aneri_masi said...

@sourish, haan yaar, he will be really disappointed uski photo delete ho gai. But he's an exception, total all-rounder, uske jaisa aur koi nahi.

@ankur, ummm...I don't think i was complaining. I was trying to convey how much fun I had :)

And not going anywhere re, weekends mere hamesha aise hi busy hote hain, no time to sit quietly even for a few minutes.

@veens, been meaning to tell u for a while, change your pic, to me, it looks like you're sneezing in a kleenex!
And yes, John, my dear John, is perfect! We were planning on putting up his roti-making pic on orkut ;) with the description...
eligible bachelor...
owns a big house, a great job, a boat, a BMW, an SUV, black belt in karate, traveled the world, mountain biker, water-skier, handyman, cook, and now, roti-maker, and best of all, NEVER GETS ANGRY! Socho kitne log iske peeche padenge?

Anonymous said...

welll 2nd post abt it no... I and P said ki we will both lose 3 kgs of weight u knw by 1st of june... she sprained her leg...and is thinking of not living up to the promise :D
so i said WTH...anyways

then i loved Circle of Friends ... yaar the "BENNY"- fat big girl in lov with jack Foley...i so think she is me kinds :D but then there was a major difference... i dint have a friend like Eve :D

it was really good read..:)
i hated Nan from the beginning... as i lov all good looking girls around me :D

Pri said...

coooking??? :o
thats ur idea of a 'almost perfect' weekend? :-/
must have been fun to watch the chinese guy making rotis though...
i would have thought him how to make one and then left the whole job to him...heehee

aneri_masi said...

@pri, yeah, i was surprised too that I didn't mind doing it all. I guess it was all because I love all the people I was cooking for, and was trying to impress them.

Poor John, yaar, woh toh kar bhi leta saara if I had pulled such a mean trick on him!

Anonymous said...

wah chinese ko bhi roti bana sikha diya..masiji ka kammal....hindio chini bhai bahi..sath banae rotui..aur foto bhi le..wah wah

Pavi!!!! said...

ur wknd wasn't bad at all... So wat is ur defn of a perfect wknd???

Anonymous said...

http://radionovafriburgoam.blogspot.com/

aneri_masi said...

pavi, yep, i did say that it was good :) And definition of perfect is two posts down :)

aneri_masi said...

@samby, haha, you are right, kamaal ki hai teri masiji. jo bhi mile, ussey kaam karvati hai ;)