Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Hello Mr. Murphy

So...Pri, should I blame you for this one (this post is going to be a proof of such an expert I am at blaming some totally unrelated, unsuspecting, random person for something that happens to me :)

Ok, so we start by blaming Pri.

She did a tag about what's in her handbag. She didn't specifically tag me to do it, just all the ladies that read her blog. So she did mean me, right?

So then I see what's in my handbag, I write it down, and also what's missing from it...my checkbook. I used to look for it in the mail everyday since I ordered it, but didn't really do anything about it not arriving until I did Pri's tag. Right after I did the tag, I wrote to the bank, asking them what happened to the 150 checks I had ordered 15 days ago. They promptly responded that they had sent them, the checks should have reached me within 10 days. Since they have not, they are assuming that they were lost/stolen, and are putting a "stop process" order on all 150 of them. I was so glad they were so prompt and careful and all that.

I went home that day, to find the box of checks on my doorstep. Checks that I can't use right away! Will have to write to the bank again.

See Pri, how it all ties in and how you're responsible :)

29 comments:

Vrijilesh Rai said...

Proof that blogging is good for ur health :)

Anonymous said...

Pri is going to be loving it :))

hhhehehe!

chalo karo phone :)

aneri_masi said...

@vrij, totally, koi na koi to scapegoat mil hi jaayega blame karne ko :)

@veens, i know!

Mez said...

Haha...just when we wanna hurry up wid things..goof ups happen.

Cinderella said...

LOL !

--xh-- said...

man o man.. murphy is having a field day :-D

Ankur said...

hehe...
bechari Pri :P :P

waise uski kya galti :D :D

hehe... but aap ek call karo bank ko and i think it will be done ;)

phir bhi... bechari PRI :P :P :P
hehehe
heheh

Cheers!!!

Neetal said...

hahaha.... :)

busy-writer said...

:D !!

aneri_masi said...

@all-who-lol'ed: LOL back at you :)

@ankur, baat ki nazaakat ko samjho.

Am waiting for pri, aayi hi nahi aaj mere ghar :(

Ankur said...

hehe...

lagta hai bahut busy hai... ya phir padhkar naaraz ho gayi :(

waise mera blog check karo... engagement pics :D :D

Cheers!!!

Pavi!!!! said...

Murphy's law at play....C'mmon Don't tell me u didn't see this coming!

aneri_masi said...

@ankur, busy :(

@pavi, yeah, of course I knew. Was so bored of waiting for it to arrive, i had to take this drastic measure.

@all, its all sorted out, just had to write them an email :)

Anonymous said...

Are yeh US me bhi hota he ? means checks get lost or they bluff !!! hmpfff, global phenomenon. i thot yeh sirf India me hota he :)

Anonymous said...

BTW Murphy has one eternal fav: ME

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

lol
u got the cheque after the
"Stop process order"
lol

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

lol back at u..reminded me of commom behari term for stupid..baklol :P

lol

Preeti said...

lol@ all-who-lolled! Hahahahaha! :D

ceedy said...

Hehe...
atleast have fun and write checks of all weird amounts, give it to someone and make them happy for a moment....:P

Anonymous said...

yeh Pri ko hua kya?!

aneri_masi said...

@ashu, tu samjhi nahi re. nothing went wrong. it had just gotten delayed and I thought that they were stolen or something :)

@sourish, oh yaaah, i remember that one! My husband's cousin called someone baklol once, I was like whats that.

@ceedy, its all fixed, so no writing fake stuff on those checks :)

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Loving this post Babygurl, I am ;-)

Anonymous said...

kuch hua?

aneri_masi said...

@veens, about the checks. yeah, i just needed to send an email to the bank, they fixed it right away.

Anonymous said...

hws pri resb=ponsible now...!! Yeh baat kuch hajam nahi hui...Lol... Masiji... u gonna blame me next ??? :-)

Cinderella said...

Di ! Awesome pic. Ab isko change mat karna. Plz.

And I love bhindi...!!! Send me the recipe na, I wanna try..

aneri_masi said...

@Ella, tab to sourish ne tumhein theek hi naam diya hai, ciindy-bhindi :) Have sent you the recipe. mehnat hai kaafi...let me warn you :)

Pri said...

ello!!
long time...had no acess to the net for the last coupla days...isliye couldent come around here :(
but looks like accha hua main nahi aayi...someone would be pelting me with virtual stones if i did ;)

sigh! murphy does it all and i get blamed!!
NOT FAIR!! hmpf!! :(((

aneri_masi said...

@pri, I know you and Mr. Murphy were accomplices in this, sab log mile hue hain!