Thursday, May 29, 2008

Signs

Got this pic from the plane, on my way back from Houston. Reminded me of the movie "Signs" :)

It was pretty amazing! Such huge farmlands, and such symmetry! I have another pic without the wing showing. But I like this one better. It looks like its actually on the ground, not high up in the air.



Some of you asked me how my trip was...so here goes.

It was an Indian wedding, one Patel marrying another Patel :) I was in the baraat, the groom was my cousin's son. Met a LOT of people from my extended family. We got there on Saturday evening, immediately got ready to go for dandia. The wedding was in the morning the next day. Attended that, and slept through the afternoon, went to the reception in the evening. And came back home the next day. Thats it :) All the events were in the hotel we stayed at, so didn't see any part of Houston other than the hotel and airport. Just hung out with my cousins. Fielded a lot of questions about life post-marriage. Most people were nice, trying to get acquainted with my husband, and helping him mingle. But there was one annoying observation by a very stubborn person "you have lost so much weight after you got married!" I kept telling her, no, dear, I am just the same, and she kept insisting that I was wrong. Such random things people say when they want to talk to you, but don't really have anything sensible to say! I am 10 pounds heavier if anything. Ugh, I think I am still annoyed!

Was a good trip overall, did nothing except eat and sleep and talk. Felt quite well rested when I got back home to the grind.

BTW, there is another post I put up just before this one. So please do scroll down :)

25 comments:

ceedy said...

good you had a good time and a cool pic....

i really want to visit these farms some day and see how they do get this symmetry....

~ ॐ ~ said...

ah !!!! is that a lovely sight or a lovely sight !!!

Ankur said...

seriously wat a symmetry!!!

matlab u had fun na.. kewl!!!

2 gujjus ki shaadi... patels!!! :P
as they say that patels rule America ;)
hehe


Cheers!!!!

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

di log toh khush hote hai u lost weight and aap ghussa ho gye :O

gujju weddings..mmm
I like them ..bahut flashy hota hai...ye wala kaisa tha??

aneri_masi said...

@ceedy, they're like in the middle of nowhere. We had to look real close to even see any homes near them. there's farms and nothing else!

@prashant, hai na :)

@ankur, oh yeah, we rule! no doubt!

@sourish, yaar, I got annoyed because she was so insincere! flashy nahi tha, normal wedding. I think mine was flashier.

--xh-- said...

yegh, sure it do looks like a groudn shot... :-D nice one...
so enjoyd tehd handya dance?

Preeti said...

WOW! Is that for real? Awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

wow!! thats Amazing.. i never saw them **sigh**

but now that sounds like fun... to be in btw friends and kin :)

so u had a good time :)

np.. u can visit Houston later again to see te place :)

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

hehehe
hoga hi afta all aap bhi toh gujju hi ho :P

aneri_masi said...

@xh, I'll have to give the hubby the credit for the pic, he was sitting by the window. At one point we could see clouds, and their shadows right underneath them, I asked him to take a pic, but he got too lazy :(

@veens, mast hai na :) houston to pata nahi if we will go again or not. its not on my must-see list...

@preeti, ekdum real :)

@sourish, oye, tere ko photos to dikhayi thi maine wedding ki!

♥ÐÅyÐяєÅмє®♥ said...

toh i said na all gujju shadi flashy hoti hai...

aapki wala toh poora flash bomb tha:P

Solitaire said...

Yeah this picture does look like its NOT from the plane..awesome!

Pri said...

whoaa...tu toh size 0 banne wali thi na? and now u tell us--10 pounds?? :o
itna kyon khaya?? ;)

ok ok jokes apart, u seem to have had a rocking time...wish the two patels a very happy married life from me :D

busy-writer said...

weddings are so lovely! and roflmao @ 'you have lost weight, i'm tellin you!' .:P
you know, am sure that relative wanted you to give her that compliment. 'noo, YOU have lost weight'. i'm sure she was hintin at that! :P ;)

gypsy said...

the pic is wowie....

u hd fun..gud engh

ceedy said...

@aneri

Yeah I know...its weird to see miles of these....but somehow one of these days I will goto this farm.....I really am intrigued...

Pavi!!!! said...

Neat pic! n shaadi...fun times! i know some ppl can gt super annoying analyzing ur height n weight n this n that! like we asked 'em!

Anonymous said...

hey m back again. waiting for you to read my other new posts too. are indian weddings in US same as they happen here or are they more laidback and small time affairs ?

Neetal said...

that so true... it does look like from the Sign movie..

May be shyamalan got inspiration of his story ... by flying to houston ;)

Anonymous said...

Have crush on any blogger in bloggerville ? You feel the oomph up in your heart when you read him or her ? Do you make a point to visit his or her blog many times a day and read it being silent but are laidback to pass your message to your crush? Have a dedication or confession to make ? Please visit my blog (http://ashusdiary.blogspot.com/2008_05_25_archive.html#5685060046796232372) to enable me play a cupid for you, if you feel so. Come be a part of the fun and excitement. Let your dil dance happy happy and show off your creative tashan at my Ultra Milds space…Participate in the poll and put your suggestions. I would come up with the dedication post and roll out the methodology to confess your crush soon…..
Light up your blog and your weekend…..
Cheers,
Ashu

rantravereflect/ jane said...

waaah... wat cicular symmetry.. i've only seen the rectangular and pipe-shaped unz!!
n yehhh i hateee people who say random things jus to get a conversation started!!!n when it's a weight issue, urghhhhhhhhhhh!

Cinderella said...

That was lovely picture...though i hate fights absolutely !!

And whatta symmetry that is, yeh log apne beech decide karke aisa karte hain kya ?!

A said...

awesome picture!

I am said...

lovely shot from the air..

the post was funny... the insensible talking part :)

Macadamia The Nut said...

That's SUCH a beautiful picture!! And I'm amazed you survived the wedding :D I hate attending weddings coz of the icky questions they ask... stoopid peepals!